St. Paul's, situated some 8 miles from Norham in Northumberland is a delightful church with an ancient Chancel Arch, partly dating from the 12th Century. It was here that the bodies of some of the thousands of English and Scots slain at Flodden Field were laid. Nearby on the A697 is the area known as Pallinsburn, which is probably one of the river sites at which Paulinus, a Roman missionary and first Bishop of York baptised pagan converts about 630AD
The church building as it stands today, dates from around 1849, with a more modern altar from the 1960's
In 2013 a new memorial door was installed at St Paul's in commemoration of the many English and Scots lives lost on the Flodden battlefield in 1513.
Flodden field lies close to the church, and there is a battlefield trail with interpretation panels that can be accessed from the Flodden car park, east of St Paul's Church. Both the Church and Battlefield Trail form part of an Ecomuseum that encompasses several national historical sites connected with the battle, including the remains of Wark castle.