Welcome to the Carham Community Website
The Parish villages, that lie along the border with Scotland, sit among some of the most beautiful countryside in Britain.
Whether a local resident, or someone visiting or planning to visit the region; please take time to navigate these pages for information about the area.
The area is steeped in history, and Northumberland and the Scottish Border area has a wealth of interesting places to visit.
If you are interested in historic places of interest; beautiful scenery; sandy beaches or exploring picturesque villages - you have come to the right place!
Forthcoming Events 2015:
forthcoming Open Day on 18th April 2015 at:
Holy Trinity and St Mary's Parish Centre - Berwick-on-Tweed
Visit the Parish Churches pages for full details.
St cuthbert's Church - Carham
church services for Easter week
- Palm Sunday: 29th March - Starting at Carham (Churchyard Gates), 11.00am The Procession of Palms with Morning Worship (This is the 5th Sunday of the month when all 3 churches worship together.
- Good Friday: 3rd April - Branxton - 7.00pm A Service of Devotion Before the Cross.
- Easter Day: 5th April - Branxton - 9.30am - Holy Communion.
- Easter Day: 5th April - Cornhill - 10.30am - Holy Communion.
- Easter Day: 5th April - Carham - 11.00am - Morning Worship followed by Holy Communion.
Where we are
The Villages of Carham Parish are situated in North Northumberland on the border with Scotland.
From the south, travel north on the A1 until reaching Morpeth, then taking the A697 through Longhorsley; Longframlington and Wooler, until reaching Cornhill-on-Tweed. Turn left on the B6350 (Kelso road), Wark Village - 2.5 miles, Carham - 4.2 miles.
Alternatively use the A1 as far as Berwick-upon-Tweed, and follow the A698 to Cornhill.
From Scotland use the A1 to Berwick and then as above.
View Google Map